Get your free website from Spanglefish

Upkeep of facilities

How do I keep in touch with what is happening?

  • visit the parish website http://www.brightwellcumsotwell.co.uk
  • see The Villager every two months
  • Parish Council minutes are posted on village noticeboards and the website monthly
  • Join the parish email list

How do I join the parish email list?

  • Please send your name, email and postal address to the Clerk, bcsparishcouncil@googlemail.com.
  • Only people living in the parish and on the electoral register are eligible to join.
  • The Clerk will check applicants against the Electoral Register to ensure all applicants are parishioners.

Who is responsible for...

Q: Recreation Ground and King’s Meadow

A: Your Parish Council, contact details below.

Q: The Pavilion

A: Jubilee Pavilion Management Committee.

Contact Tony Windsor – Tonywindsor1@btinternet.com - 01491 834908 – 07909 848098

Q: Repairing potholes in the road

A: Oxfordshire County Council Highways.

To report a pothole, please send details (location, size and depth) together with a photograph of the pothole to highwayenquiries@oxfordshire.gov.uk. You can also use the form on the OCC website www.oxfordshire.gov.uk. Once reports are received repairs will be prioritised and batched so that all repairs in an area are done at the same time.

Q: Overhanging trees or hedges onto roads

A: Oxfordshire Country Council Highways, contact 0845 310 11 11.

Q: Overhanging trees or hedges onto footpaths

A: Oxfordshire County Council Highways, contact 0845 310 11 11.

Q: Overgrown footpaths

A: Countryside Services, Oxfordshire County Council, contact 0845 310 11 11

Q: Road verges

A: Hedgerow and Verge Management Plan

Q: Waste collection

A: For all information regarding waste – collections detail and dates, recycling centres visit  www.southoxon.gov.uk.

Please note that SODC will no longer allow black sacks in the green recycling bin. See why HERE.

To report a missed bin collection call 03000 610610 or email: admin.southoxford@biffa.co.uk

Q: Fly tipping

A: SODC will clear dumped rubbish on the public highway and highway verges within three days of it being reported. Email: admin.southoxon@biffa.co.uk or call 03000 610610.

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy